These conservation journeys are a vehicle to disseminate Wilderness Safaris’ and Panthera’s shared belief that the most powerful way to advocate for wilderness and wildlife is through conservation tourism and immersive educational experiences. These trips will bring together Wilderness Safaris’ award-winning camps and itineraries, and Panthera’s scientific and operational expertise, in ensuring a future for wild cats and the vast landscapes on which they depend.
FB+: Full Board Plus - Dinner, Bed, Breakfast, Lunch and Activities
Northern Kafue: Shumba Camp
7 Days / 6 Nights
Reference Number: SLCIZ
Prices start from US$ 15'100 per person sharing a twin/double
Single supplement from US$ 4180.00
Departure: 26 September - 02 October 2022
• Sole-use return flights from Livingstone to Shumba
• All meals
• Daily activities as per Itinenary
• Park fees
• All local drinks (excludes premium imported brands and champagne) • Transfer to/from the Plains airstrip
• Hosted Panthera guide and activities
• International long-haul flights to and from your home country
• Items of a personal nature i.e. telephone calls, mini-bar etc
• Cancellation, baggage and medical insurance
• Staff gratuities
• Any new government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases, which are beyond our control
• Visa fees – where relevant
• Departure taxes, unless specified
• PCR Testing in Livingstone – including overnight accommodation, meals and transfers in Livingstone as required.
MORE ABOUT WILDERNESS SAFARIS & PANTHERA
As leaders in responsible tourism and conservation, we have partnered with Wilderness Safaris and Panthera to offer an unforgettable luxury adventure that helps preserve biodiversity, conserve wildlife and uplift local communities. Since its founding in Botswana in 1983, Wilderness Safaris has shared its passion for Africa with thousands of guests, as well as its custodial sense of protection, and the urgency to protect these ecosystems and the life they support. Operating in seven countries across 58 diverse camps, and protecting 2.3 million hectares (5.6 M acres) of Africa’s wilderness, Wilderness Safaris is the world’s largest conservation tourism platform.
Panthera is the only organisation in the world devoted exclusively to the conservation of the world’s 40 wild cat species and their ecosystems. Utilising the expertise of the world’s premier cat biologists, Panthera develops and implements global strategies for the most imperilled large cats. Recent years have witnessed increasing NGO activity, with Panthera and partners in the Kafue National Park to support efforts which combat key threats to wildlife, such as poaching. Lion numbers in Kafue have been under pressure for some time due to bushmeat poaching, which has reduced prey numbers and in some cases resulted in the mortality of lions in snares.