The Tri-National Park of Central Africa basin includes the Dzanga Ndoki National Park in the Central Africa Republic, The Nouabale Ndoki National Park in the Congo Republic and the Lobeke National park of Cameroon.
These parks are considered by many as probably the most beautiful and accessible rainforest national parks in Africa and the entire planet.
The Dzanga Sangha National Park, inhabited by the Ba’Aka (pygmy) who have helped to put in place an incredible tourism programme, is as well home to a fascinating list of animals that can be viewed from platforms built above the mineral clearings called baïs or salines. These animals include the forest elephants, low land gorillas, buffaloes, sitatungas, bongos, warthogs, numerous monkeys, galagoes, leopards and an astonishing number of birds and other species.
Some of the activities on offer at Dzanga Sangha are:
- Visiting the magical saline at least once in the morning and once in the afternoon
- Lowland gorilla tracking
- Bird watching
- Dugout pirogue rides along the Sangha river and its tributaries
- Traditional net hunting with Ba’Akas
- Medicinal plants with Ba’Akas
- Ba’Aka dances
There is no other known place where you will have a high probability of seeing Bongos, Sitatungas and habituated lowland gorillas all in one spot like in the Dzangha Sangha National Park.
The Ba’Akas, with their special hospitality and friendliness charm you as you learn more about them and this adds some mystical impetus to a magical and unique destination.
“The Dzanga Sangha baï is a magical place where nature is constantly outdoing herself” Craig Sholley – Director of development at the African Wild Life Foundation.
Bai Hokou Gorilla research camp in Dzangha Sangha offers a family of 16 habituated lowland gorilla individuals that can be tracked daily.
FB: Full Board - Dinner, Bed, Breakfast and Lunch
8 Days / 7 Nights
Reference Number: Bangui & Bayanga - 8 days
- All transfers as specified within the itinerary
- All meals
- Fast track meet & greet on arrival into the Bangui International Airport
- Services of an English-speaking driver/guide throughout the itinerary
- Accommodation as specified within the itinerary
- Activities with the Ba’Aka, including net hunting and education on their medicinal plants
- All park, conservancy & conservation fees
- Private Charter Flight(s): Bangui International Airport – Bayanga Airstrip & Bayanga Airstrip – Bangui International Airport
- Items of a personal nature
- Drinks unless specified
- Any domestic flights not specified
- International flights
- Airport taxes