- Casa del Suizo is one of the most established rainforest lodges in Ecuador, easily accessible from Quito for a short, relaxing break in pristine nature.
- Located on the shore of the Napo River, you can enjoy fine river sunsets over the forest from the comfort of the swimming pool or bar.
- Casa del Suizo offers 77 modern rooms, each with river-facing private balcony, relaxing hammocks, hot water 24-7, electricity and ceiling fan.
- Lodge social areas compare to a comfortable tropical resort, with al-fresco dining, a great variety of international and Ecuadorian food, attractive bar area serving cocktails, and a magnificent swimming pool.
- Tours at Casa del Suizo combine nature, adventure & culture, with activities such as: forest walks, wildlife spotting, explanations about medicinal plants & Kichwa customs / traditions, boat trips along the Arajuno and Napo Rivers, visit to Kichwa ceramic workshop, kayaking, river tubing, and much more besides.
- Day 1 : Transport from Quito to Papallacta hot springs with time to take a relaxing soak. Then head to Punta Ahuano where we board a 15-min canoe to Casa del Suizo. Free time to settle-in & enjoy sunset from the pool with a welcome cocktail.
- Day 2 : Morning trek through the forest to observe species of flora and fauna, & learn about medicinal plants. Next, learn how to build a raft from balsa logs, and use it to float back down-river to the lodge. In the afternoon we trek on a forested island (1 hour), before visiting a butterfly house.
- Day 3 : Early departure for the journey back to Quito through the mountain landscape, with box lunch to enjoy along the way.
Accommodation and Destinations
FB+: Full Board Plus - Dinner, Bed, Breakfast, Lunch and Activities
3 Days / 2 Nights