Savvy travellers avoid the high numbers of travellers in the peak months between June and October. Rather, consider Botswana’s Green Season which runs from November through April.
Although Botswana’s Green Season coincides with most of the country’s annual rainfall, most of the rain falls between January and February in the form of short but spectacular afternoon thunderstorms that leave the landscape beautifully lush and green. The emerald-green grass, lit with that golden light, a backdrop of dramatic, dark storm clouds and bolts of lightning followed by rainbows and crystal clear air is the perfect setting for astonishingly stunning wildlife images.
An explosion of births coincides with the arrival of the rains each year between January and April. The grazing species take advantage of the lush, abundant grass and give birth seemingly all at once! This is great news for predators and can make for dramatic wildlife sightings and photographic opportunities. And remember, predators such as lions, leopards and wild dogs are territorial, they live in the same area year round.
In addition to fewer people and stunning natural beauty, Green Season also offers exceptional savings. Rates are lower, supplements for single travellers are waived and there are Stay 4 – Pay 3 specialsto consider.
So consider Botswana’s Rainbow Season! First-time safari goers won’t be disappointed with the wildlife experience on-offer between November and May, seasoned safari enthusiasts will appreciate the contrast and brilliant green landscape anew, and everyone can find an exceptional savings on an exceptional safari experience.
FI: Fully Inclusive - Bed, All Meals, Fees and Activities
B&B: Bed and Breakfast
10 Days / 9 Nights
Reference Number: Botswana
Contact us for rates and availability.
- 9 nights accommodation (twin/double room).
- Scheduled light air flights within Botswana.
- All meals whilst at safari properties.
- Breakfast at Victoria Falls Hotel.
- Road transfer from Kasane to Vic Falls.
- Transfer to Vic Falls Airport.
- Twice daily scheduled (not private) safari activities.
- Airline flights to and within Africa.
- Zimbabwe entry visa.
- Lunch & dinner in Victoria Falls
- Victoria Falls entrance fee.
- Tours or activities in Victoria Falls.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Staff & guide gratuities.
- Travel insurance, including emergency medical and trip cancellation or interruption coverage.
- Costs related to any changes made to the itinerary once in Africa.
- Any costs associated with flight delays or cancellations.
- Any new taxes imposed by the local governments prior to your arrival date