About Peru Empire
Peru Empire unveils a more meaningful approach to travel, designed to inspire lifelong memories while sharing the perdurable traditions of Peru. We pave a unique path across captivating lands, exploring an untouched side of the enigmatic heritage and resting in truly innovative lodging along the way. The idyllic charm of the country speaks for its eclectic mix of history, culture, and natural wonders; from lively city rhythms to the timeless serenity of the Andes Mountain range, and everything between.
Terms and Conditions
Peru Empire Terms and Conditions
January 1, 2020 until December 31, 2021
This document sets out the General Terms and Conditions between Peru Empire and you (the client). Any deposit, partial or total payment for an itinerary constitutes the consent of the terms and conditions set out below.
1. PROGRAMS AND ITINERARIES
Peru Empire by Andean Experience Co. offers a consulting, booking and coordinating service by preparing tailor-made itineraries within Peru. We handle bookings and payments on your behalf via a curated selection of various independent suppliers, such as hotels, restaurants, transportation services, private guides and other services specified in the itinerary. Even though they are not under our direct control, a high-quality service is always guaranteed.
2. TRIP INFORMATION, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS
It is your responsibility to make sure that you have a valid passport - with minimum two blank pages and a validity of 6 months on the day of departure (the day you leave Peru) - and meet all the necessary entry requirements for Peru. Those vary by country and nationality, and can change from time to time. Peru Empire will do its best to inform you of these general requirements, but we ask that you contact the corresponding embassy/consulate in your country of nationality to confirm documentation requirements.
30 days prior to the trip, you will receive a full electronic documentation package including a personal preferences form, detailed itinerary, leave-at-home contact sheet and pre-departure guide. On arrival, you will receive a welcome kit and their summarised itinerary.
Your privacy is important to us. Peru Empire is required to collect personal information (such as passport details) in order to plan your trip. We understand the sensitive nature of this information and will not share it with third parties (only if required for booking flight, hotel or other reservations as part of the trip) without your explicitly written permission. By providing your initial deposit, you allow Peru Empire to collect and use your personal information to plan your trip and provide the proper services.
Peru Empire recommends travelers acquire comprehensive travel, health and trip cancellation insurance (including cover for pandemic related occurrences) to cover themselves, as well as any dependants/traveling companions. Coverage should include but not be limited to the following eventualities:
- Trip Cancellation or Interruption
- Cancellation or unforeseen changes of flights booked and travel arrangements held on behalf of the travelers
- Emergency evacuation expenses
- Medical expenses
- Repatriation expenses
- Damage/theft/loss of personal baggage, money and goods.
Peru Empire will take no responsibility for any costs and/or losses incurred by the travelers, or their dependants/traveling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above-mentioned events. Thus, travelers will be solely responsible for any additional costs.
Feel free to ask us about coverage options through our preferred travel insurance supplier.
By sending us your initial deposit, you acknowledge that you do not have any physical condition that would make travelling unsafe for you or other travellers. It is your responsibility to ensure you have received all appropriate vaccinations and are aware of the risks involved in travelling to high altitudes. We also advise you visit your physicians for a routine medical check-ups and address any concerns regarding international travel prior to departure.
Travelling always entails risks; the standard of transport, communication and medical care may be different to what you may be used to in your country. Medical installations and services may not be as easily accessible or fully equipped.
Your trip and especially optional activities such as adventure tourism, mystical tourism, among others, may require physical effort or involve a risk of serious injury. At your request, we can include these activities in your itinerary, but only if you sign a form that disclaims Peru Empire from any responsibility. Please bear in mind that your personal safety cannot be guaranteed by us and that Peru Empire assumes no responsibility in this regard.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
After you have accepted the proposed itinerary, we will proceed with bookings and payments via independent suppliers and/or third-party providers (hotels, local guides, transportation companies, restaurants, airlines, tour operators). Peru Empire will make every effort to adhere to the proposed itinerary. On rare occasions, it might be necessary to make adjustments. In that case, a substitute will be offered when and where possible. We communicate constantly with our suppliers but cannot control their operations. Therefore, Peru Empire cannot be held liable for the quality of the services provided by independent suppliers or an unrelated third-party provider, nor for any negligent acts or omissions. Similarly, Peru Empire is not responsible for any loss or inconveniences due to sickness, lack of appropriate medical care, epidemics, quarantines, strikes, fire, wars, civil disturbances, terrorist acts, thefts, acts of God, acts of local government or other authorities, adverse weather conditions, danger incidents to sea, land, or air travel, or other acts or incidents beyond our control.
Peru Empire has the right to make changes to your trip and/or may cancel your trip in specific circumstances. For example, if your safety or the quality of the trip is deemed to be compromised. If we have no other option than to cancel the trip, we will refund you, but we cannot be held accountable for losses incurred by third parties, such as airlines or hotels.
Domestic flights or trains are occasionally subject to overbooking, cancellation and schedule changes. If this occurs, we will do everything in our power to assist you in finding alternative flights or arrangements. This is done as a courtesy and we cannot be held responsible for being denied boarding, incurring additional costs nor unrecovered payments for missed arrangements due to delays or cancellations.
8. PAYMENT, CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT AND REFUND POLICIES
Certain special services have payment, cancellation and refund policies that differ from Peru Empire’s regular policies. In this case, Peru Empire reserves the right to change its Terms & Conditions to adapt to third-party policies. These special services include: trekking programs, cruises, flights, trains, and certain hotels with high demand.
Our prices do not include the Peruvian Hotel Sales Tax (VAT), which applies to Peruvians and foreign residents. Visitors to Peru who have stayed longer than 60 calendar days are no longer exempt from the VAT. To be exempt from the Peruvian sales tax, travelers must show a non-Peruvian Passport with a valid entry stamp.
- To confirm the booking, a deposit of 100% of special services (e.g. flights and trains), as well as 30% of the total remaining balance is required.
- The remaining amount is due forty-six (46) days prior to arrival.
- In the event of a cancellation, we recommend travelers postpone their trip to a new date. They will receive a credit amount valid for a period of up to 12 months from the original travel date. This amount will depend on third-party policies. Please note that future travel dates may be subject to a revision of the rates, due to seasonality, dynamic pricing, among others which will be communicated at the time of rebooking.
- Cancellations occurring after the initial deposit has been received will be charged a fixed fee of $100 per person.
- Cancellations received between sixty-four (64) to forty-six (46) days prior to arrival, will be charged a 30% penalty of the total booking amount.
- Cancellations received forty-five (45) days or less prior to arrival are not eligible for a refund.
- If the deadline falls on a weekend or on a holiday, cancellations must be communicated before said date. Also, keep in mind that Peru Empire is not responsible for any financial transaction charges (wire transfer & credit card). Travelers will thus be solely responsible for these additional costs.
- For peak season bookings and for specific services and excursions, Peru Empire reserves the right to alter the payment and cancellation policies above.
- Groups of eight (8) or more travellers have stricter payment and cancellation policies. These policies will be communicated during the quotation process.
- Services that are cancelled or unused during the trip are non-refundable.
Travelers are allowed to make minor changes (e.g. change scheduled car transfers, switch planned excursions at the same destination) to the itinerary when these are communicated with sufficient advance notice. We will verify the plausibility of the suggested changes since certain services are contracted with independent suppliers and/or third-party providers. We will try our best to accommodate travelers’ requests. However, major changes (such as changing destinations, flights, trains, hotels and/or multiple-day excursions) imply additional planning fees and/or non-refundable deposit payments. If travelers want to cancel their trip, please see the “Cancellation Policy” section as set out previously.
PANDEMIC RELATED PAYMENT, CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT AND REFUND POLICIES
Throughout the sales process, we will work to provide more flexible booking conditions. Deposit and payment plans will be defined according to each specific itinerary.
The following special policies will be considered purely due to pandemic related restrictions imposed by the departing or arrival authorities, or by a personal positive pandemic medical diagnosis at any time before departure that prevents the actual travel.
- For postponements, we may negotiate credit validity periods of up to 24 months from the original travel date, with additional perks. Be reminded that third-party policies may apply and that future travel dates may be subject to a revision of the rates, due to seasonality, dynamic pricing, among others which will be communicated at the time of rebooking.
- Travelers may cancel at any time before the start of the trip and request a refund. Peru Empire will apply a fixed fee of USD 100 per person, and any additional third-party penalties will also be factored into the total refundable amount. Please note that Peru Empire is not responsible for any financial transaction charges (wire transfer & credit card), and thus travelers will be solely responsible for these additional costs.
Please contact your experience concierge for more details on policies and current refund timelines.