About Wild Eye Destinations & Photographic (Pty) Ltd
Wild Eye was established in 2012 by Jono Buffey, Gerry van der Walt and Andrew Beck who set out to refresh the photographic travel and private guiding industries by focusing on providing a professional service that is fun and relaxed while providing guests with amazing travel experiences and world class service.
From humble beginnings we have grown not only our service levels and destination offerings; we have also created a platform for qualified and experienced guides to continue growing their brand in the photographic, safari and travel industries.
The Wild Eye team has grown dramatically and is now made up of 9 full-time expedition and tour leaders, full logistics and safari operations teams in both our Johannesburg and Nairobi offices as well as our very own authentic piece of Africa - the Wild Eye Mara Camp.
Our aim is to continue to build the best and most dynamic photographic travel company in the world while continuing to change the way our clients see the world!
Terms and Conditions
Wild Eye Destinations & Photographic (Pty) Ltd Terms and Conditions
- A reservation is made once a booking form, together with a deposit, has been received from you and the booking is confirmed in writing by Wild Eye.
- Provisional bookings can be held for 14 days, pending receipt of a completed booking form.
- You must provide us with details of any dietary requirements, medical conditions or any other special requirements you have when completing the booking form.
- Deposits paid are non-refundable.
- The date the balance is payable will be advised by us when we confirm your booking but is generally 60 days before date of departure. Unless notice of cancellation is received prior to the balance payment date, balance monies will remain due and payable. Brochure and website prices are quoted on the invoice.
- Wild Eye reserves the right to change the itinerary or safari guide due to circumstances beyond its control. Any significant alterations will be advised to you, and any alterations made will be of similar or better quality to those described on the website.
- During the safari, you must behave in a way that is not disruptive, upsetting or dangerous to you or anyone else and you must follow the reasonable requests of the safari leader. Wild Eye will be able to terminate your participation in the safari if your behaviour is in its reasonable opinion in breach of this obligation and in such circumstances Wild Eye will have no further liability to you.
- Should Wild Eye need to cancel a safari for any reason, a full refund of the amount paid by you to Wild Eye will be made, however no further liability can be accepted by Wild Eye.
- Inclusive airport/hotel transfers specified in the safari costs are only included when guests travel on the flight specified by Wild Eye. Guests arriving or departing on different flights will be responsible for their own transfer costs.
- All names and addresses held on the Wild Eye mailing list are held on computer. None of this information will ever be passed to a third party. If however, you object to your details being stored, please inform us and we will remove them.
- In the event of significant currency fluctuations and/or abnormal supply price increases between a safari being advertised and its taking place, Wild Eye reserves the right to alter the overall charge for the tour.
- Wild Eye will not be liable for any cost and/or loss you incur which is as a result of: your actions or the actions of a third party unconnected with Wild Eye, which Wild Eye could not reasonably foresee or forestall; and any unusual/unforeseeable event beyond Wild Eye’s reasonable control.
It is a booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in visiting remote areas and engaging in potentially dangerous activities.
To take part in one of our safaris you must be covered by adequate travel insurance for the duration of the safari and all activities undertaken. The insurance should cover cancelation and curtailment, medical and emergency expense (including repatriation), personal accident, injury and death. In addition you should be insured against loss / damage to baggage, camera equipment, personal possessions and flight delays and cancelations.
Wild Eye does not accept liability for death, injury or illness unless this arises from the negligent acts of Wild Eye employees. Wild Eye and its employees are covered by public liability insurance up to a maximum of ZAR 50,000,000 for any one event.
By signing our booking form you acknowledge that Wild Eye has taken all reasonable to safeguard it’s liability in this respect.
Registration is complete once Wild Eye Destinations and Photographic has received an initial, non-refundable, deposit of 50% of the package price along with a signed booking form. Please note that all reservations are binding. The balance of the package price is payable 60 days before departure. In the event of a booking being made within one month of departure, the full package fee is payable within five working days.
2. Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification. If cancellation is prior to 60 days before departure your deposit of 50% is forfeited. If your cancellation is made after the due date for full payment of your tour fare, charges will be levied. The scale of charges, expressed as a percentage of the tour prices, is as follows:
More than 60 days’ notice: Deposit forfeited
Less than 60 days’ notice: Deposit plus 30% forfeited
Less than 4 weeks’ notice: 100% of total package price forfeited
Should you fail to join a safari or join it after departure or leave it prior to its completion, no safari fare refund can be made. The above policy applies to all services of Wild Eye Destinations & Photography, however third party camps or hotels may have different cancellation fee policies, which will apply to their services.
3. Trip Interruption and Cancellation Insurance
It is advised that all travelers purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance as protection against an emergency which may force you to cancel or leave from an expedition while it is in progress.
4. Medical Information
Participation on a Wild Eye Destinations and Photographic expedition requires that you are in generally good health. It is essential that persons with any medical problems and related dietary restrictions make them known to us before departure. We can counsel you on whether the expedition you have selected is appropriate for you. The tour leader has the right to disqualify any participant at any time during the tour if he feels the participant is physically incapable and/or if a participant’s continued participation will jeopardize either the individual involved or the safety of the group. There will be no refund given under these circumstances. By signing this document, the participant certifies that he/she does not have any mental, physical or other condition or disability that would create a hazard for him/herself or other guests.
5. Price Modifications
Wild Eye Destinations and Photographic reserves the right to increase the price of the expedition if cost increases arise due to changes in transport costs, changes in taxes, customs or other fees or changes in the exchange rate.
6. Itinerary Changes and Trip Delay
Wild Eye Destinations and Photographic reserves the right to change a program’s dates, itinerary, or accommodations as conditions warrant. These are expeditions to remote parts of the world and we reserve the right to change the itinerary due to weather conditions, lodge availability, political conditions and other factors beyond our control without consulting the participants.
It is understood that such decisions will be made in the best interests of all participants and with regards to the safety of all staff. Participants have no right to any refund or other considerations in the event of these inevitable itinerary changes. If an expedition must be delayed, or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, sickness or other contingency for which Wild Eye Destinations and Photographic or its agents cannot make provision, the cost of delays or changes is not included.
7. Itinerary Cancellations
Wild Eye Destinations and Photographic reserves the right to cancel an itinerary before departure for any reason whatsoever, including too few participants or logistical problems such as strikes, wars, acts of God, or any other circumstances which may make operation of the expedition inadvisable. All expedition payments received will be promptly refunded, and this refund will be the limit of Wild Eye Destinations and Photo graphic’s liability. Wild Eye Destinations and Photographic is not responsible for any expenses incurred by trip members in preparing for the trip, including non-refundable or penalty-carrying airline tickets, special clothing, visa or passport fees or other trip related expenses.
8. Limitations and Liability
Wild Eye Destinations and Photographic, its owners, agents and employees give notice that they act only as the agents for the owners, contractors and suppliers providing means of transportation and/or all other related travel services and assume no responsibility howsoever caused for injury, loss or damage to person or property in connection with any service resulting directly from: acts of God, detention, annoyance, delays, expenses arising from quarantine, strikes, thefts, pilferage, force majeure, failure of any means of conveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled, civil disturbances, terrorism, government restrictions or regulations and discrepancies or changes in transit or hotel services over which it has no control. Reasonable changes in the itinerary may be made where deemed advisable for the comfort and well-being of the passengers.
In case of a medical problem arising during the expedition, which results in costs for evacuation, use of aircraft or repatriation, the responsibility for payment of these costs belongs solely to the passenger. Wild Eye Destinations and Photographic strongly advises that participants ensure that such eventualities are covered by travel insurance. If not covered by travel insurance the responsibility still remains with the passenger and Wild Eye Destinations and Photographic specifically declines any responsibility whatsoever.