AtholPlace House & Villa
Johannesburg City ,Soweto & Apartheid Museum Tour
One of the most popular tours are the Johannesburg & Soweto orientation and the Apartheid Museum. This offers our visitors one full day to experience South Africa's commercial and financial capital - Johannesburg - the City of Gold, known amongst locals as Egoli, Jozi or Jo'burg.
Our tour route covers all the major points of interest, from Sandton in the north to Soweto in the south:
* the suburbs of Sandton, Rosebank and Houghton (drive past Nelson Mandela's home)
* Braamfontein, home to the Constitutional Court of South Africa
* the downtown area, City Hall, Diagonal Street, Newtown, Nelson Mandela Bridge
* the Carlton Centre, see the city from the "Top of Africa" enclosed viewing deck on the 50th floor
* Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital
* Regina Mundi Catholic church
* visit Hector Pieterson Memorial
* Vilakazi Street - Nelson Mandela's former home and Bishop Desmond Tutu's home
* lunch stop at a local tavern - optional, can be arranged in advance
* visit the Apartheid Museum
PLEASE NOTE - the tour route may vary, depending on the pick-up and drop-off points
Sandton is synonymous with shopping - in fact it is a shopping mecca. Sandton City boasts an amazing array of shops, boutiques and designer stores that will delight shopaholics.