Bisate’s sophisticated architectural and interior design is rooted in Rwandan building tradition as exemplified in the design of the Royal Palace of the traditional monarch. This spherical, synthetic thatched structure echoes the thousands of hills that dot the Rwandan landscape, while the richly detailed interior exhibits surfaces and screens made from a variety of woven materials with strong resonance in Rwandan culture.
Each 91 square metre Forest Villa consists of a generous yet intimate combination of bedroom, reception space and bathroom, all warmed by a central fireplace and with breath taking views out across your private deck towards Mount Bisoke. With only six villas, the real generosity in the Rwandan context is the amount of private and exclusive space that surrounds Bisate, cosseting it in a rare natural landscape brimming with Albertine Rift biodiversity and beauty.
This camp can accommodate 12 guests and 04 guide/pilot/tour leaders sharing.
06 x units in total comprising:
- 06 x twin-bedded villas, with double bed conversions possible.
Plus guide/pilot/tour leader accommodation comprising:
- 02 x single rooms with twin beds and shared en-suite facilities (not of the same standard as a guest villa).
- En-suite facilities with indoor shower, bathtub and double basin vanity, separate toilet, fireplace, easy chairs, luggage rack, tea and coffee making facilities, electronic safe and mini-bar.
- Complimentary wireless internet connection in villa only.
- Two way emergency radios have been fitted in the villas at Bisate Lodge and may be used by guests to contact camp management in the event of an emergency only. Said radios are on a closed circuit and inter-villa communication is not available.
- Bathrobes, liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner, body lotion, insect repellent, shower caps, vanity kit with cotton tipped swabs and cotton balls, tissue dispenser, washing powder (for smalls), umbrella and room spray are supplied in each villa.