Lemala Wildwaters Lodge
Located on roughly six hectares on Kalagala Island, Wildwaters Lodge lies on a unique private island mid-stream within the mighty River Nile in Uganda: around 25km downstream from Jinja in eastern Uganda. It’s in a sublime location and only reached by boat which makes it a very adventurous place to stay. It is uniquely perched on granite rocks with dramatic and exciting rapids roaring all around.
Activities on the river for guests in the nearby adventure hub of the Jinja area including heart-pounding white-water rafting or bungee jumping and gentler horse riding or fishing. Additionally, Wildwaters is a perfect platform for viewing some of the more than 1000 bird species that Uganda is so famous for – from turacos and cuckoos to hawks and eagles – and you might also spot giant otters and monitor lizards in the water.
After an adventurous day Wildwaters Lodge also offers a relaxing and intimate location for honeymooners and couples looking for some quiet time. Especially for those taking advantage of the spa nestled over this ancient river.
The sounds on the mighty Nile are quite hypnotic and calming so Wildwaters offers an experience for all the senses. And for posting on Facebook or Instagram, nothing beats these views.
Wildwaters Lodge is open year-round affording guests the opportunity to enjoy this piece of paradise during all seasons.
Details and Amenities
The ten stand-alone elevated timber-floor and super-spacious luxury suites are nestled in the rainforest with amazing river views. Each are linked by raised wooden walkways to the restaurant, bar and library, and feature glass-fronted windows, locally handmade furniture, stylish bathrooms with rain showers, and secluded wooden decks with daybeds and romantic free-standing open-air bathtubs. There are also delicious sunrise breakfasts and candle-lit three-course dinners and a lovely swimming pool cantilevered above the river in the attractive main communal lodge area.
- 7 standard suites, 2 private plunge pool suite and 1 two bedded suite make up the total compliment of accommodation on the island.
- All suites are private and exclusive and can be made into a double or triple or twin configuration.
A day bed is standard in all suites.
- The suites enjoy private balconies with freestanding baths and mosquito nets.
- Additionally, a room safe, en-suite private bathroom with great rain showers and complimentary toiletries are available.
- All meals are included in your stay. Meals are taken in the main area by the poolside with magnificent views of the River Nile. Private dinners can be catered for in your room or at the poolside on request.
- Our dishes are made from the freshest ingredients and we are able to accommodate most dietary requirements including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free amongst others. All dietary preferences must be advised at the time of booking.
- The lodge power is supplied 24hrs by the national grid, with a generator back up. Power is 220v and the plugs are 3-pin square UK standard. Adapters are available from the reception on request.
- Transfers to the island from Entebbe, Kampala or Jinja can be arranged directly with the lodge. The transfers are charged per vehicle one-way. Entebbe Airport to Wildwaters Lodge: USD 200 | Kampala to Wildwaters Lodge: USD 160 | Jinja to Wildwaters Lodge: USD 120
- Please note that due to the nature of the river crossing to the island guests must arrive before 4pm in order to arrive safely. All crossings are strictly and at the sole discretion of the acting general manager at Lemala Wildwaters Lodge.
- Children aged 12 and above are allowed on the island