Lemala Mpingo Ridge Lodge
Lemala Mpingo Ridge sits on top of an escarpment with sweeping views across the perennial Tarangire River and valley below and matches the same outstanding standards of comfort and service as the other properties in Lemala’s collection.
Being the sixth largest national park in Tanzania, Tarangire remains slightly off the main safari circuit but is a terrifically scenic park featuring classic African savannah, green hills, woodlands and rivers and is especially famous for its large herds of elephants, superb birdlife and giant baobab trees. Guests at Lemala Mpingo Ridge will enjoy a real sense of wilderness and excellent game viewing, and it’s both a relaxing standalone destination and a great place to start a safari that also combines Lemala properties in the Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti.
Details and Amenities
Each of the 15 spacious tented suites have been carefully positioned to maximize not only the sensational views over the Tarangire valley but also to take advantage of cooling breezes during warm weather.
- The 15 tented suites feature en-suite bathrooms, private decks, sunken outside lounges that convert to afternoon siesta beds
- One of the suites has two bedrooms, especially designed for friends and family traveling together.
- A special feature is the private outside bathtub—perfect for soothing the soul and washing away the African dust after a day on safari.
- The elevated main lodge has a large lounge and bar, indoor and outdoor dining areas, a spa and swimming pool.
- Sundowners, early morning walks and game drives (and very special night time game drives) in custom-designed 4 x 4 vehicles accompanied by Lemala’s highly knowledgeable and experienced guides are some of the activities guests can look forward to during their stay