Why stay here?
The NEW, Plains Camp design honours the Okonjima cattle-farming history.
- Each of the 14 Standard Rooms enjoy a view across the Okonjima grass plains!
- 4 of the rooms, form 2 large, double rooms/family-units. All rooms are set 15m -20m apart, some distance from 'The Barn' or main entertainment area. The family unit (rooms # 1 & 2) are closest to the 'The Barn' and the second family unit (rooms # 13 & 14) are the furthest away from 'The Barn'.
- The 10 exclusive and spacious View Rooms, all have a view across the Okonjima grass plains!
- 2 rooms form a large double room/family-unit. All rooms are set 25m -75m apart, some distance from 'The Barn' (the entertainment area). Room # 1 and the family unit (rooms # 3 & 4) are closest to 'The Barn'.
- The new View Rooms are set further apart than the Standard rooms providing more privacy and are more spacious offering a unique, affordable, wilderness experience.
The OKONJIMA activities include tracking rehabilitated carnivores on foot; visiting the AfriCat Carnivore Care & Information Centre; tracking leopards from a game–viewing vehicle. OKONJIMA also offers a guided Bushman Trail, Birding and Game drives are offered on request for those guests staying longer than 2 days.Information