|Special Interests:||Adventure, Birding, Hiking, Nature, Relaxation, Wildlife|
Why stay here?
The Plains Camp Barn is an entertainment area and gathering place that includes: a dining and lounge area, with Wi-Fi facilities and cellphone reception, a bar, a swimming pool and curio shop, all of which overlook a waterhole and the Okonjima plains. Undercover parking is available.
Frequent leopard and cheetah sightings during game drives is what African safaris are made of! Though our guests also indulge in smaller pleasures, such as the peaceful atmosphere of the African bush, spotting wildlife at the watering holes situated at each accommodation, our flavoursome food and welcoming hospitality. Okonjima also offers a number of activities to guests and day visitors , from hiking and mountain biking with your own mountain bike to bird watching and a fitness retreat. Okonjima is home to the AfriCat Foundation, an organisation whose mission is to try and ensure a future for the large carnivores of Namibia. Witness some of our projects such as the Cheetah Rehabilitation Project at work, during your stay at Okonjima.
Unique Selling Points:
- The 10 spacious View Rooms have earned their name for their views across the Okonjima grass plains. All rooms are set 20-70 metres apart, some distance from the entertainment area at the Plains Camp Barn. Unit number one and the spacious family unit (a combination of rooms three and four) are closest to the barn.
- The 14 Standard Rooms also look out onto the Okonjima grass plains but are smaller in size than the View Rooms.
- Four of the rooms form two large family units. The family unit (rooms one and two) are closest to the barn, while the second family unit (rooms 13 and 14) are about 600m away.
- The rooms are set 10-15 metres apart, some distance from the entertaining area at the barn.
- The 6 affordable Garden Rooms are closely situated to one another within the original homestead garden, yet have no wilderness view.
- They overlook the lapa, which has a tea/coffee station.