- Cost: US$7 999 per person
- Single supplement of US$1 200, maximum 2 single spots available
- Meet and greet upon arrival.
- Accommodation on a shared basis, however should you want single accommodation on the safari, please get in touch and enquire if this is possible. Single acocmodaiton might be limited.
- One night at Tamarind Tree hotel in Nairobi at the beginning of the trip on bed and breakfast basis.
- 7 nights at Enkewa Camp, Masai Mara on a fully inclusive basis i.e full board accommodation, beers, gin and tonic & house wines, soft drinks and juices & laundry service.
- One night at Four Points by Sheraton hotel in Nairobi at the end of the trip, on bed and breakfast basis.
- Extra luggage allowance for the flight from Nairobi to the Mara. Each photographer can travel with a maximum of 30 kg each
- 2 x Trip leader (Grant and Helena Atkinson)
- Private safari vehicles throughout the trip
- National Park fees
- All safari activities and transfers to/from the airports and the hotels.
- International airfare and/or other transportation between your home and Nairobi.
- Dinner / drinks at Tamarind Tree, Nairobi on Day 1.
- Dinner/drinks at Four Points by Sheraton hotel Nairobi on Day 9
- Gratuities for hotel staff in Nairobi.
- Gratuities for transfer vehicle drivers in Nairobi.
- Gratuities for safari camp guides and staff (assume $40-$90 per day for 7 days).
- Laundry or extras at Nairobi hotels.
- Hard liquor and premium wines in Enkewa camp.
- Cost of obtaining Covid tests for onward international travel
- Visas, travel insurance, personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls etc.)
Terms and Conditions
Itinerary Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Detailed description of goods and/or services
Atkinson Photography is a business in the tourism industry that sells photographic safaris, photos (both digital and prints) and photography expertise.
2. Delivery policy
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 5 days and confirmed by email.
3. Return and Refunds policy
The provision of goods and services by Atkinson Photography is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Atkinson Photography will provide a refund minus any costs incurred in the recovery if supplier stops business, flight or accommodation. In the case of a pandemic and travel is not allowed, we will endeavour to postpone travel. We will also consider refunds if suppliers have not already been paid or if they are willing to give the refund. This is however not guaranteed.
Cancellation of bookings by the client will result in the forfeiting of the full deposit.
Cancellation before 100 days before departure: If cancellation is made more than 100 days prior to departure date, your non-refundable deposit is forfeited as well as 50% of balance payments and any other expenses already incurred with regards to permits, flights and other arrangements.
Cancellation between 100 days prior to and trip travel dates: If your cancellation is made between 100 days prior to date of trip departure and the trip departure, or should you for any reason be unable to travel or join the trip after departure or not be able to complete the trip, no refund of any kind will be made. We recommend that you purchase travel insurance (including trip cancelation insurance) to protect you in case this should happen. Should you not be able to travel we will do our best to find someone that can replace you and we will endeavour to refund you if possible but this cannot be guaranteed.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU PURCHASE HEALTH AND TRAVEL INSURANCE, INCLUDING TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE. UNFORTUNATELY WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR COSTS FOR MEDICAL EVACUATIONS. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CURRENTLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU GET COVID SPECIFIC TRAVEL INSURANCE. SHOULD THE TRIP NOT RUN DUE TO COVID RELATED REASONS, WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO MOVE YOUR TRIP WITH AS LITTLE COST IMPLICATIONS AS POSSIBLE. THIS HOWEVER CAN BE OUT OF OUR CONTROL AND FOR THAT REASON WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU GET THE INSURANCE SPECIFICALLY TO COVER THOSE INSTANCES.
Atkinson Photography shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
5. Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa or MasterCard (a 3% fee will be charged for this) or by bank transfer into the Atkinson Photography and Safaris Business bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
6. Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Atkinson Photography via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. DPO PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
7. Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Atkinson Photography separately from card details which are entered by the client on DPO PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on DPO PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
8. Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Atkinson Photography takes responsibility for aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods, except when the service is provided by a third party supplier. Should Grant or Helena Atkinson be unable to go on the safari, a guide with similar experience will be employed to do the trip.
10. Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Atkinson Photography chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature. Should there be a dispute we will settle the matter in a South Africa court, governed by South African law.
Atkinson Photography may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice. Please note: We will attempt to adhere to the itineraries on the website as much as possible. However, certain conditions (political, climatic, environmental, cultural, or wildlife migrations) may necessitate changes in the itinerary. We reserve the right to alter any itinerary at any time, if necessary. We will attempt to notify participants of changes as far in advance as possible. Costs incurred by such changes will be the responsibility of the participant.
12. Company information
This company is run by Atkinson Photography (close corporation) based in South Africa trading as Atkinson Photography and with registration number 2011/143174/07 and with Helena and Grant Atkinson as Directors.
13. Atkinson Photography and Safaris contact details
Company Physical Address: 22 Manatoka Avenue, Kuilsriver, Cape Town, 7580