Samburu National Reserve is one of the lesser-known national parks, but is nevertheless teeming with life. Situated alongside the Ewaso Nyiro River, there is plenty to attract wildlife from the surrounding savannah plains. The reserve is rich in wildlife with an abundance of rare northern specialist species such as the Grevy’s zebra, Somali ostrich, reticulated giraffe, gerenuk and the beisa oryx (also referred to as Samburu Special Five).
The reserve is also home to elephants and large predators such as the lion, leopard and cheetah. Kamunyak the miracle lioness that adopted the baby oryx was as a resident in the reserve.
Wild dog sightings are also a common attraction to this unique protected area. Birdlife is abundant with over 450 species recorded.
Samburu Game Reserve Highlights | What to See and Do
* Samburu Game Viewing: Samburu animals include cheetah, lion, leopard, impala, buffalo, hippo, and dik-dik, as well as the native gerenuk, Grevy's zebra, reticulated giraffe and Beisa Oryx.
You are guaranteed to see most animals during the dry season as they converge at the Uaso Nyiro River, their main source of water during the long dry weather.
Elephants are also spotted during this time, and you can watch the Nile crocodiles swim in the river.
* Samburu Bird Viewing: Samburu National Reserve is a paradise for bird lovers, with over 350 species of birds already recorded.
You can enjoy a colorful assortment of birds such as vultures, kingfishers, marabous, eagles, guinea fowl, Somali ostriches and many more.
* Samburu Cultural Tours: Visit the local Samburu villages where you get a chance to interact with the colorful Samburu people in their traditional setting and experience their culture.
This is a good opportunity to purchase traditional Samburu souvenirs, art and collectibles.
|Ashnil Samburu Camp
|Buffalo Springs National Reserve
FB: Full Board - Dinner, Bed, Breakfast and Lunch
Buffalo Springs National Reserve: Ashnil Samburu Camp
3 Days / 2 Nights
Group Size: TBA
Reference Number: BS/CWT/2023
Non-Resident Starting from; USD 80 per person sharing per night
Complete 2 Nights Road Package by Customized Safari Minivan
Non-Resident Starting from; Based on 2 Pax Travelling, each USD 555 per person sharing
Non-Resident Starting from; Based on 4 Pax Travelling, each USD440 per person sharing
Non-Resident Starting from; Based on 6 Pax Travelling, each USD405 per person sharing
Nightly Rates includes
- Full Board accommodation i.e. Lunch, dinner and Breakfast
Complete 2 Nights Package includes
- Accommodation on Full Board basis
- All transport from Nairobi by a pop roof safari minivan accompanied by an English speaking driver guide.
- Park fees applicable
- All taxes
- Park Fees on nightly rates
- Tips and Gratuities
- Anything else not specifically mentioned in the includes.