Rutundu is located on the North Eastern slopes of Mt Kenya, at an altitude of 10,200 feet ( S 00 03.23 E 037 27.75 ). Access to Rutundu is extremely weather dependent. At all times of the year, a 4-wheel drive vehicle with good clearance should be used. Please also check with the reservations office a day before arrival about the weather on the mountain and road conditions.
Located on the edge of Lake Rutundu, overlooking the north-eastern face of Mount Kenya, these rustic yet comfortable cabins are the perfect mid-safari break or escape from the bustle of Nairobi. The elevation (3,115m) results in vegetation and wildlife entirely unique to the area.
Accommodation and Destinations
Your Travel Map
Mount Kenya: Rutundu
2 Days / 1 Night
Reference Number: BS/CWT/2023
Exclusive use per night (up to 4pax) on Self Catering Basis
VALID FOR THE YEAR 2023
KES 35,750 per night on a self-catering basis
Extra Bed supplement - KES 2,500 per night.
Children under the age of five stays free of charge
CHRISTMAS SEASON 20th Dec 2023 - 2nd Jan 2024
KES 40,000 per night
Transport From Nairobi
By Customized Safari Minivan - KES 19,500 per day
By Customized 4x4 Land Cruiser - KES 30,000 per day
- Staff to clean cabins and assist with cooking
- Fishing & walking
- Guide for walking excursions to Lake Alice
- Use of boat on Lake Rutundu
- Use of fishing equipment (excluding lures)
- Porters from the airstrip or car park.
- Drinks and food/meals (contact us for recommendations)
- Charcoal and wood for cooking and heating
- Gratuities and anything of a personal nature
- Mt. Kenya National Park fees (Lake Alice)
- Dept. of Fisheries fishing license.