About Grassrootz Adventures
Grassrootz is a social business promoting fair travel and community tourism in Uganda. We offer unique experiences in Uganda! We can combine safaris, round trips and expeditions, whatever you want to do. With Grassrootz you will experience ‘real’ Uganda by meeting many different tribes with their unique cultural habits and traditions. We promise you’ll have a truly Ugandan Experience!
Terms and Conditions
Itinerary Terms and Conditions
Price is based on availability of accommodation and activities
Grassrootz Adventures Terms and Conditions
- Cancellation and Termination
- Cancellations by you. All cancellation penalty depends on the number of days before arrival:
28+ days before arrival
Loss of deposit
14+ / 28- days before arrival
75% of the package fee
14- days before arrival
100% of the package fee
Please note that Gorilla and Chimps Permits in Uganda are not refundable when already booked, as this is the policy of Uganda Wildlife Authority.
- Cancellations by us. We always endeavor to avoid canceling, but we must reserve the right to do so if you fail to make all payments due in full and on time or as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control.
- Termination. Grassrootz reserves the right to immediately terminate this Agreement by giving the Visitor a written notice of termination if the behavior, actions and/or conduct of the Visitor is deemed threatening or unacceptable offensive in the judgment of the Tour Leader/Grassrootz.
- Insurance. The visitor is solely responsible for evaluating and determining the type, extent and levels of insurance coverage you may need or desire during your stay in Eastern Africa, including – without limitation – coverage for: travel, medical expenses, liability arising due to personal injury to you or a third party.
- Medical needs and requirements
- Medical needs. It is the sole responsibility of the Visitor to ensure that you have taken appropriate medical advice from a doctor with respect to traveling to Eastern Africa. This includes the appropriate inoculations, immunizations and medical treatments prior to your arrival as well as bringing any necessary/recommended medications or medical equipment.
- You hereby agree that you will fully disclose to Us any and all medical constitutions and health issues that are relevant before departure and your stay in Eastern Africa.
medical/physical limitations or problems
Allergies to food
- The vehicle and driver. Every effort is made to ensure that vehicles are provided in a roadworthy condition but no liability can be accepted for breakdown, or any damage or delay. In case of breakdown, it is our responsibility to rectify the situation. We can either withdraw of repair the vehicle in question. Our vehicles must only be driven by the drivers selected by us, whose decision on all matters, such as the route taken, is final.
- Roads in Eastern Africa. Roads in Eastern Africa can be rough, especially during the rainy season. Therefore it takes more time to same distance compared to western countries.
- Safari terms
- National Parks. The visitor(s) hereby understands, respects and follows the rules set out by the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA).
- Gorilla and Chimps permits. Only when payment has been received can permits for gorilla tracking in the relevant National Park be purchased. Getting a gorilla permit is not a guarantee of seeing a gorilla. Local conditions sometimes mean that access to the gorillas is made impossible at short notice. We are unable to accept liability for any circumstance that might lead to gorilla viewing being cancelled, whether it is closure of the National Park or borders; absence of the gorillas; security changes. Refunds are at the discretion of the relevant authority and we cannot accept liability for them. We shall use our maximum endeavors to obtain a refund and if a refund is paid by the relevant authority, we shall pass it on to the client.
- The program. Grassrootz reserves the right to vary the safari services agreed with the client in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as – without limitation - road closures, bad weather, problems with national parks or hotels and security considerations. In such cases alternative arrangements will be made as circumstances permit.
- Important information.
- Conditions. Conditions in Africa are not the same as those in developed countries and standards of service, medical facilities, safety and security may often be lower than those in your home countries. Please note that it is the laws and regulations of the country in which services are provided which apply to your holiday arrangements and not those of your home country.
- Culture and customs. The visitor(s) hereby understands, respects and follows the local culture and customs during their stay in Uganda.
- Visa. Grassrootz does not provide or make other arrangements for issuance of visas.
- Releases and waiver of liabilities, Force Majeure
- Release and Waivers in favor of Grassrootz. The Volunteer hereby fully, permanently and irrevocably release, forever discharge and agree not to sue Grassrootz, including any and all of its successors and assigns its participants from any and all actions, suits, liability, claims, demands, losses, coasts and/or causes of action for damages or other legal or equitable relief of any nature including, without limitation, claims for personal injury, emotional injury, illness, disease, death, property damage or other losses, expenses and/or damages (collectively ‘claims’), which may hereafter arise from any cause whatsoever, including, without limitation, that arising from your participation in any project, activity or event affiliated or associated with Grassrootz, whether or not foreseeable or contributed to by the negligent acts or omissions of Grassrootz or others. The waivers are intended to be as broad and as inclusive as permitted by law.
- Liability. The Visitor shall remain personally and solly liable for his/her conduct, actions and/or omissions. Grassrootz will not be liable for – without limitation – theft, strikes and Force Majeure.
- Force Majeure. Various events which Grassrootz is unable to control may arise and cause disruption, delay or cancellation of the Safari. Such circumstances are likely to include; riots or civil strife and natural disaster (collectively “Force Majeure”). The Visitor agrees, understands and acknowledges that Grassrootz shall have no liability for any delay or cancellation of a project due to Force Majeure.
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Complaints. Any complaints with regard to the safari may be immediately brought to the attention of the Tour Leader and/or Grassrootz
[+256 (0) 775 193 270] so that the necessary action to rectify the matter can be taken. However if by the end of the tour you still feel you have a valid complaint, you must notify Grassrootz in writing within 14 days of the end of your safari.
- Severability. Wherever legally possible, each and every provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted in such manner as to render it valid, effective and enforceable under applicable law according to its express terms, but if any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed legally prohibited or invalid under applicable law by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be ineffective only to the extend of such prohibition or invalidity, without invalidating the remainder of such provisions or any of the remaining provisions of this agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect absent said invalid provisions. Further, any provisions that are required by the Ugandan Law are incorporated into this Agreement.
GRASSROOTZ ADVENTURES UGANDA – BEYOND THE PANDEMIC
The COVID -19 pandemic hit us all so suddenly and brought the entire world to a crawl. Without warning, businesses shut down and we were left wondering what to do with previously scheduled trips.
At Grassrootz Adventures Uganda, we have spent the last three months canceling and rescheduling safaris that were meant to take place earlier this year to either later this year or next year. We thank all our clients that have chosen to reschedule their safaris instead of canceling. This for us means that not all hope is lost; we are not only assured of retaining our employees but also continuing to support wild life conservation and community transformation, something that we do from part of the proceeds from your safaris.
The good news is that the world is finally beginning to open up, albeit cautiously and we are hopeful that we shall soon welcome you again into Africa and particularly Uganda. Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda have now opened to domestic tourism while Tanzania is open to domestic and international travel and have also opened their parks with strict guidelines.
We can confidently say that we can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.
For all our clients that have booked safaris scheduled for later this year, we encourage you to either re-schedule to sometime next year or just wait and watch the space for later this year. In the meantime, stay safe and continue to dream of your African safari.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR OLD AND NEW BOOKINGS
- All existing confirmed bookings can be rescheduled or rebooked and the tour can take place either sometime end of this year or next year. (subject to availability).
- Should the new booking date demand an increase in cost due to price changes from the lodges or from Uganda Wild Life Authority, then the new invoice will reflect the rate difference.
- For any bookings cancelled we will apply cancellation policies of the booked properties and Uganda Wildlife Authority.
- Regarding Gorilla & Chimp permits, Uganda Wildlife Authority ( UWA) is cognisant of the fact that due to COVID-19 and international travel restrictions that followed, some tourists may find it necessary to change their planned travel plans.
The Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) has therefore reviewed its reservation, booking and cancellation guidelines as follows:
a. Travellers whose trips have been affected by corona virus will not be charged for a reschedule at a later date provided the request is made before the tracking date – only two reschedules will be allowed for any activity (obviously the reschedule of permits is subject to availability).
b. Any request for cancellation will follow the existing cancellation policy/procedure:
- 0 to 8 days to the gorilla tracking date, you shall not be refunded anything by UWA.
- 4 to 45 days to the tracking date, UWA shall retain 75% of the tracking fee and refund only 25 % to the tourist.
- Between 46 and 90 days to the scheduled tracking date, 50% of the total tracking fee will be refunded and UWA shall retain the remaining 50%.
- Cancellation from 91 days and above call for a 75% refund and UWA retains just 25% of the gorilla tracking fee paid.
Please note that this cancellation policy only applies to tourists who have paid the entire gorilla tracking fees because the deposits are not refundable.
c. These provisions will be in effect until 31st March 2021, unless otherwise changed after a review process.
- The Rwanda Developement Board (RDB) has also adjusted their policies as follows:
a. For tourists wishing to postpone their park permits , there has been a removal of the 7-day notice period prior to visiting date.
b. For tour operators who submitted final payment for reserved permits – removal of the 30-day requirement prior to visiting date.
c. Travellers from countries with confirmed cases have up to 2 years to postpone their park permits at no extra cost.
d. Tourists who purchased low season discounted permits for mountain gorilla trekking are free to postpone with a 2-year period.
- For new bookings made from May 2020 for travel this year and in 2021, you may now change or cancel up to 30 days prior to departure in the event of a COVID-19-related reason whether at home or in your travel destination and receive a credit toward a future safari.
For tailored/private safaris, some exclusions and penalties may apply considering our suppliers policies, which will be advised in writing prior to confirmation. Guests who cancel without rebooking will receive a credit toward future safari valid through December 31, 2022; credit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Applicable price of new safaris applies.
- Guest is responsible for non-refundable air fees, insurance and other related costs.
- All other standard terms and conditions apply to the booking.
- Special terms are subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time.
COVID-19-related reasons for cancellation include:
- Do Not Travel Global Health Advisory, or the government in the guest’s country of residence restricts all but essential travel
- Do Not Travel due to COVID-19 for the destination the guest is travelling to, or the government in the guest’s country of residence issues a comparable advisory
- The destination the guest is travelling to has entry restrictions in place that prohibit the guest from travelling, such as closed borders or extended quarantine requirements
- International flights are cancelled without alternative routing available for guest to use to reach the destination(s) in the itinerary
Due to the dynamic nature of the current situation, we will be monitoring the developments closely and we reserve the right to make changes to the above policy from time to time and to notify all agents accordingly.
Grassrootz Adventures remains committed to giving lasting safari and holiday experiences in East Africa and we earnestly look forward to seeing you in better times.