Why stay here?
Nestled among the Omboroko Mountains lies Okonjima, which means 'Place of the Baboons' in the native Herero tongue. The Omboroko Campsite has 4 private campsites, all sharing one secluded swimming-pool, 2 open-air showers with hot water, 2 flush toilets, washing-up area, sundowner view point, fire wood and electricity.
Each Private Campsite offers:
- Private shower/s (incl. hot water),
- Private flush toilet/s,
- A washing-up area under a roof with a power point to charge batteries and a light.
- A viewpoint for sundowners.
- Okonjima will provide 2 bundles of fire wood. FOC – If groups however require more wood, please inform your Okonjima Guide.
- More than 2 bundles of wood will be an additional cost.
- 1 fixed light per campsite for cooking & 1 plug point will be available for charging of fridges, cameras, cell phones etc.
- No tents, drinks or meals are provided by Okonjima!!
- None of the Lodge facilities are open or available to campers, except the curio-shop and Day Centre
- Children are welcome. Due to the nature of our activities, child participation is restricted, depending on age!
OUR CAMP SITE RATES HAVE BEEN SPLIT BETWEEN AN ACCOMMODATION AND AN ACTIVITY RATE. ALL TRAILS WILL BE EXCLUDED AND BOOKED SEPARATELY AT AN ADDITIONAL COST.Information