|Special Interests:||Adventure, Birding, Hiking, Nature, Relaxation, Wildlife|
Why stay here?
Camping in Okonjima Nature Reserve epitomises the African safari experience. Your small group or family can become one with nature as they visit the Carnivore Care Centre, track leopards and cheetahs, learn about the indigenous people during the Bushman trail, and grow attuned to the sights, sounds and ways of Namibia’s grassy plains.
The four, partially-equipped, private campsites share a swimming pool at the foot of the Ombokoro Mountains and are located in the 2000ha non-rehabilitation area. All four sites boast spectacular sundowner viewpoints.
Frequent leopard and cheetah sightings during game drives is what African safaris are made of! Though our guests also indulge in smaller pleasures, such as the peaceful atmosphere of the African bush, spotting wildlife at the watering holes situated at each accommodation, our flavoursome food and welcoming hospitality. Okonjima also offers a number of activities to guests and day visitors , from hiking and mountain biking with your own mountain bike to bird watching and a fitness retreat. Okonjima is home to the AfriCat Foundation, an organisation whose mission is to try and ensure a future for the large carnivores of Namibia. Witness some of our projects such as the Cheetah Rehabilitation Project at work, during your stay at Okonjima.
Each of the four private, self-catering campsite consists of:
- A fixed light and a multipurpose power point
- Private, under cover hot-water showers, (except for Camp Chilala where you shower beneath the stars)
- Private flush toilets
- A covered washing-up area
- A sundowner viewpoint
- Two inclusive bundles of fire wood per night. More firewood can be arranged with your guide at an additional cost.
- Camp Chilala, Chimelo and Kendi cater for more than one vehicle, while Camp Koshi is the smallest campsite and only caters for one vehicle.
OUR CAMP SITE RATES HAVE BEEN SPLIT BETWEEN AN ACCOMMODATION AND AN ACTIVITY RATE. ALL TRAILS WILL BE EXCLUDED AND BOOKED SEPARATELY AT AN ADDITIONAL COST.Information