Japan: Temples, Traditions & Tea
The Evolved Traveler's luxury 11-night journey to Japan begins in vibrant Tokyo, where you experience Asakusa's diversity, part of Tokyo’s Shitamachi (old town). Asakusa is home to Senso-Ji, Tokyo’s oldest Buddhist temple, and the city’s oldest Geisha district. Marvel at Shibuya, the world’s busiest intersection, before enjoying the more tranquil and lesser-seen side of the city on a bike ride through Tokyo’s backstreets and local shotengai (small commercial streets) in hip neighborhoods such as Shimo-Kitazawa.
Next, board the bullet train for beautiful Kyoto, the reigning cultural capital of Japan, home to 2,000 shrines and temples, and 17 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Partake in a tea ceremony in Kodai-Ji, a stunning 400-year-old temple where special access has been granted for your private ceremony. Continue to the sacred island of Miyajima and the city of Hiroshima for a moving visit to the Peace Memorial Park and Museum.
Finally, enjoy the flamboyant and colorful world of Japan’s street food and nightlife, where a local food expert will take you on a culinary highlights tour of Osaka, experiencing the city’s best-loved dishes - including Japanese soul food!
B&B: Bed and Breakfast
Pricing From: $18,950 per person based on double occupancy
The Giveback From Your The Evolved Traveler Journey
- 190 trees will be planted in reforestation efforts in each guest's name through our partnership with Carbonfund.Org
- A $190 donation will be donated in each guest's name to a charity or not-for-profit in the country visited.
12 Days / 11 Nights
- Planning, communication and operational Set-up
- Accommodations at 5-star hotels & lodges (or best available), room categories noted in the itinerary
- Intra-tour flights
- Breakfast daily and other meals as noted in the itinerary
- Sightseeing provided by private deluxe A/C vehicles as noted in itinerary when required
- Private excursions as noted in the itinerary
- Experienced English-speaking private guides for daily sightseeing as noted in the itinerary
- Entrance Fees to all sites, monuments, and museums per itinerary
- Bottled water during transfers and tours
- Porterage at airports
- Transfer assistance in all cities
- Local taxes
- International Air
- Visa (if required) unless otherwise noted
- Meals not noted in itinerary
- Gratuities to the local drivers, guides, hotel staff
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Any item not noted as included