Trekabout Madagascar 2018
This is a sensational Trekabout Photography Tour of Madagascar with a big five Sabi Sand South Africa safari finale. The tour runs from Wednesday 20 June to Saturday 1 July 2018.
Come home with photographs of Madagascar's landscapes, people and of course its lemurs not to mention South Africa's wilderness and wildlife like lion, rhino, elephant, leopard and more.
Everything is exciting as you venture through beautiful landscapes with private drivers and guides in Madagascar. At Sabi Sabi in South Africa, the team are totally geared up for photographers with custom built vehicles, bean bags and guides who understand the important of light and position for the ultimate shot.
* The Trip can depart with minimum of 4 guests, maximum 6
* The Trip runs after Trekabout Tanzania 2018 so it is possible to combine the trips
* The price is per person sharing and there is a single supplement listed
* Encompass Africa can book all international and regional flights at great prices so your arrangements are with one company
* Encompass Africa can book travel insurance with Covermore cheaper than if you book it direct online, so ask for a quote when you are booking the trip
* The trip will only be confirmed once 4 people have expressed interest. It is on a first come first serve basis due to limited availability
* Note the accommodation in Kirindy is VERY basic because there is nothing close by. There is no access to power so travelling with a CPAP machine would be very difficult and we would most likely have to connect to a separate portable generator at an additional fee to the user
* Madagascar is about 50 years behind mainland Africa with tourism infrastructure, so it is important that you know roads are bad! Makes for an adventure though don't you think?
* South Africa is the finale to the safari because it's the quintessential Africa photographic experience in open sided 4x4 vehicles with a guide and exploring the bush with wildlife at every turn. It's quite a luxurious way to end and we did that on purpose so you have comfort and access to the Big Five.
Introduction 12 Days / 11 nights
Antananarivo: Relais des Plateaux
Kirindy Mitea National Park: Kirindy Lodge
Avenue of the Baobabs: Palissandre Cote Ouest Resort & Spa
Andasibe-Mantadia National Park: Vakona Forest Lodge
Antananarivo: Palissandre Hotel & Spa
Johannesburg: City Lodge OR Tambo Airport
Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve: Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
Fast FactsTailor Made Tour 12 Days / 11 Nights
AUD11,020 per person sharing
AUD 2,110 single supplement
All accommodation, road transfers, light aircraft flight within Madagascar, meals and activities as listed
1 night Johannesburg with breakfast
3 nights Sabi Sand fully inclusive basis
International and regional airfares
meals and activities not listed
items of a personal nature