Our Illinizas day trek tour climbs to the peak of North Illiniza Volcano, an enjoyable adventure activity for experienced or novice climbers alike.
- 3 hours trekking to the Illinizas volcano refuge “New Horizons”.
- 3 more hours of non-technical climb to North Illinizas peak.
- Enjoy the wonderful Andean scenery along the trek, and take incredible pictures from the refuge.
- Experience the peace and tranquility of the mountain, and breathe in the clean air.
- This tour is available 7 days a week, 365 days per year.
- Departure time from Quito is usually at 6am (please check this with your sales representative
- Timings are referencial only, and subject to change.
- The trek is challenging, taking aprox. 3 hours to the refuge, and 3 more to the summit.
What you should bring
- Clothes for cold and warm weather in layers
- Comfortable trekking shoes
- Fleece jacket and rain jacket
- Reusable bottle with water
- Wool hat and gloves
- Transport from and to Quito
- Box Lunch
- English Speaking Guide
- Climbing Equipment: harness, carabineer, helmet, (crampons in case of snow)
- Extra drinks / food
- Personal Expenses
- Tips (Optional)