Pacific Bluffs Cliff Walk
This is the first adventure that we ever developed in Todos Santos way back in 2002, and it remains as spectacular as ever. Glorious scenery, fascinating local history and encounters with strange and wonderful flora and fauna.
Our Pacific bluffs cliff walk starts at Punta Lobos, the sweeping Pacific beach where the local fishermen of Todos Santos launch their boats each morning and bring in the daily catch each afternoon. A quick walk up the hill brings us to breath-taking views of a different kind of coastline, with dramatic rocky outcroppings and crashing surf. We´re likely to spot whales from this high vantage point during several months of the year.
Throughout the walk we´ll have the stunning combination of desert landscape running to the sea. We´ll pass an active sea lion colony, as well as the ruins of the shipping port Los Algodones. Your guide will offer in-depth commentary on the terrific variety of flora and fauna you see, as well as the history of the area from the human perspective.After about 3.5 hours of walking we´ll arrive at the idyllic beach of San Pedro where a picnic lunch will be waiting. San Pedro features a beautiful marsh filled with bird life and a protective cove ringed by towering palms. Here we´ll eat, relax, sunbathe, swim, read - just enjoy the bliss of being in Baja!
This walk includes a 600-foot elevation gain at the beginning, hiking over loose, uneven terrain, and some bouldering.
Duration: 3.5 hours of walking, 5 hours overall
Languages: English & Spanish
Departures: Todos Santos, BCS, MX
Departure Time: 9:00 AM
Returns: Todos Santos, BCS, MX
Return Time: 2:00 PM
- $80/person for 2-3 people
- $70/person for 4 or more people
- Please contact us for special pricing for groups of 10 or more
- Bilingual naturalist guide who is a certified Wilderness First Responder, NOM-9 graduate and Leave No Trace certified
- Home-made picnic lunch spread on the beach
- Time for swimming, hanging around on the beach at end of hike/after lunch
- Any item not specifically mentioned in the itinerary