The best way to experience the national park is by taking a guided boat tour down the river to go wildlife watching. The boat tour is about 1.5 hours long, going down the Tempisque River in a 20-25 seat motor boat.
Enjoy a slow river boat tour down the Tempisque River next to the Palo Verde National Park. Great tour for families and senior citizens who may have trouble walking long distances but want to see wildlife and nature as there is no strenuous activity involved.
Explore and look for crocodile, different species of birds, monkeys, Iguanas, bats and more. Delicious Costa Rican lunch included. We can provide specific menus for people with allergies. Enjoy tortillas being made by hand and cooked in wood fire, and enjoy the taste of the best traditional meats and side dishes.
Tour Code: CRSV-PV
Departure Time: 7:00am
Return Time: Approx. 1:00pm
What to bring:
- Insect repellent
- Hat you can secure from flying away in the wind
- Comfortable clothing and shoes.
Driving time: 1 hour
- Adults: $75
- Kids: $65
- Naturalist local tour guide: $70 (boat only)
- Or highly recommended to include a naturalist bilingual tour guide for $110 per group.
- 1,5 hours boat tour.
- Entrance to natural reserve.
- Costa Rican coffee and lunch service.