Mindo is a small town set amidst a landscape of lush green mountains, crystalline rivers & waterfalls, and pristine nature. It is widely recognized as a center for both nature immersion and adventure activities.
Some of the activities / visits that you can choose to include in your full day itinerary are:
- Nature activities
- Enter the magical world of the butterfly farm, where a myriad of species flutter gently around you, and you can even hold one on your finger!
- Visit an orchid farm to see a selection of the colorful blooms on display.
- >Marvel at the amazing hummingbirds as they drink nectar at feeders.
- Trek through the cloud forest to picturesque waterfalls, where you can also take a dip.
- Learn how to make chocolate at the ever-popular Mindo chocolate workshop.
- Adventure activities
- Whizz through the tree canopy along a network of zip-lines between towers high in the forest.
- Floating down the river in a giant inner-tube (rubber ring), the level of adrenalin depends on the water level.
- This tour is available 7 days a week, 365 days per year.
- Timing: 08:00 – 16:30.
- The places that you visit are flexible. The itinerary can be adapted directly with your guide, depending on your interests. Timings are referencial only, and subject to change.
- We recommend booking day tours at least one week in advance, to ensure that a guide is available for you, and the trip booking & organization can be done smoothly.
Note: You have the flexibility to tailor your itinerary together with your guide, but it is not possible to include all of these visits into one day.
- Return transport to / from your Quito city hotel
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Entry Fees / activity costs
- Transport to/from Quito airport or the valley area, this costs a little extra, please let us know in advance
- Personal Expenses
- Tips (Optional)