Sir Lowry’s Pass was constructed in 1828 in order that ox wagons could cross the mountains originally used by the Bushmen. It is named after a former British governor of the Cape, Sir Lowry Cole. On a clear day, the top of the pass affords a spectacular view across the Cape Flats and False Bay to Table Mountain and Cape Point. This view at night is spectacular as Cape Town’s lights join the stars and she shines in all her glory.